There's a good possibility the LO recommendation being due to the Gates - Ellison feud. Ellison owns Oracle. Oracle owns OO. Most know more about OO then they do LO. Hence the reason for MS's LO recommendation. Then there's the 900lb Gorilla factor: LO is cost free. OO looks like it's going to be a for $$$ item at Oracle.