I saved the instructions for adding the Java for my future reference if needed. These are slightly modified over what had been in the post:

*Older Java Version for LibreOffice and Open Office for Linux Install:*

Overview:

1. Download the JRE archive (approx. 20 mb)
2. Extract in /tmp
3. as root, copy the extracted directory to /usr/lib/jvm
4. set this JRE as the JRE of choice in LO (Tools>Options>Java)
5. Exit LO&  restart

Instructions:

1.Download jre-6u21-linux-i586.bin (for i386) or jre-6u21-linux-x64.bin for
x86_64 from

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u21-b07-oth-JPR>downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u21-b07-oth-JPR

<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u21-b07-oth-JPR>
Save to /tmp . Open Terminal and enter cd /tmp. Then do the following commands:
2.run it using: "sh jre-6u21-linux-i586.bin" . The JRE is now extracted to
/tmp/jre1.6.0_21/
3. copy to /usr/lib/jvm "sudo cp -a jre1.6.0_21/ /usr/lib/jvm"
4. Exit&  restart office.  In Tools>Options>Java, choose 1.6.0_21. Exit&
restart office
5. Load you Base file&  compare the speed.

If you want to remove it simply set the JRE back to the old one in
Tools>Options>Java&  "sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/jvm/jre1.6.0_21/