Aug 07, 2011; 8:42pm - john herron wrote:

I created a style (Default_2, next style also Default_2) which I based on the standard Default style. The only difference between the two is that Default has single line spacing whereas for Default_2 calls for double spacing. When I assign Default_2 to a paragraph from Styles and Formatting, it properly displays double-spaced. But when I then finish editing the paragraph with Return (or Enter, if you prefer that), the paragraph reverts to single space. The same also occurs with an indenting style (Def_2_Ind_1) derived from Default_2.

Am I doing something wrong or could this be a bug?

TIA
john

----------------

Aug 08 Simon Cropper (The foss Workflow Guides) Aug 08, 2011; 12:49am replied:

Try not using the underscore. So rename Default_2 to Default2 or
DefaultDouble and see what happens.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper
    Website Administrator
http://www.fossworkflowguides.com

Hello, Simon Cropper.
I tried following your suggestion to not use "_" as a style name separator (i.e. renamed the style Default2) but to no avail. Closing the double-spaced Default2 paragraph with Return/Enter still causes the paragraph to revert to single-spaced.

Why do I suspect that this behavior might be a bug?
Because in OOo's 3.2 Writer, which I also use, the problem does not occur.

What now?

john