Ian,

On behalf of all Base users, thanks for trying!  As you infer, it would have been encouraging to
receive a more pro-active reply, especially from a Founder of TDF (and long-time ex-oOo active
member).  Perhaps it's difficult for him to say much else, if there are very few Base Developers.
I guess they 'stayed' with oOo or have moved on to other things.  It will be interesting to see if
the oOo version fares any better...but that's another story!

Regards,

Tony Royston.