Mårten Behm schrieb:
I am using Impress for lecturing in chemical engineering and subscripts
in chemical formulae is a crucial feature.

"Have you tried to use a Math-object for your chemical formulas?

You cannot insert it into a presentation object or a text object. But I use it the other way round
and include the necessary text into the Math-object. "

I keep getting the subscripts
with a horisontally compressed appearance (about 50%). I have had the
problem on and off since the OOo days. Switching from Ubuntu with LXDE
to Fedora with LXDE avoided it, but now I keep getting it in Mac OSX 10.6.

Is there anyone else experiencing this? Is it a well known problem? Is
there a solution?

"No I have no problems with subscripts in presentation object or text object. In which objects do
you see the problem? Do you see it with every font?
Can you move the document to a Windows-machine and look whether the problem occurs there too? Or
provide such document for download?

Kind regards
Regina"

Thank you for the reply, Regina.

The Math object method is sometimes useful for me, but not always.

In preparing the requested sample on my Mac machine the problem first appeared as previously
described, but after a while I noticed, to my surprise, that the subscripts have shifted back to
normal appearance! So the problem is not entirely reproducible. I will get back to the list if /
when the problem reappears. Just setting up LibO on a Windows virtual machine on my Mac to check
further.

Best regards,

Mårten