On 07/31/2011 05:12 PM, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
BASIC macro devs are having it good with all the documentation on OOo. May I use this forum to say
a big thanks to Andrew Pitonyak for his works on the subject.

Your welcome

I was trying to clear cell contents in python but I've not been able to figure out the equivalents
for the constants e.g. com.sun.star.sheet.CellFlags.FORMULA for clearing formulas. Which module
provides the definitions? I found that the example above is same as 16, but I'm trying to avoid
explicit use of those constants.

There is a service that allows you to find values based on the string name..... If you need it, I can likely find it. I intended to add an example into the next edition of OOME, I do not remember if it is already there or not. Apart from that, I usually just look up the value. Worst case, print the value.

I'm also wondering if two constants can be used simultaneously in one clearContents() call e.g.
VALUE and STRING
sent from mobile device
I do believe that you have seen AndrewMacro, which contains an example that demonstrates that yes, you can. Just OR the values together. I likely show the same thing in OOME. I am currently working through the Calc chapter as time permits. I need to hurry, because the German translator is translating faster than I am creating more content.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php