On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 12:47 +0100, Robert Richards wrote:

HELLO I downloaded your OFFICE PROGRAMME, but the write page is very small and have to have it on 40 or 44 font to use it even so and the page is too small it needs some done about , so i am going to try it on my laptop later to see if it is the same. i normally use font 12/14 and use it's lovely if u use letter wizard it comes like it should but don't alway want to use letter wizard for every thing.

As I understand it: The page in writer is very small on your screen and you can't even read regular sized (12 pt) letters, right?

First: The size of letters always refers to how large they're going to be on paper, so if you want 12 pt on paper, you should definitely use 12 pt in writer, too.

Second: If the page looks small, there can be two general reasons: Either the paper format is somehow set to something small (which I doubt), or your view of the sheet is all zoomed out.

Solution: You can change the zoom in several different ways. The quickest is just holding the "ctrl" key on the keyboard and turning the mouse wheel up. The easiest to remember is the slider in the lower right corner of the writer window. You can find a good description of it on pages 13 and 14 of the first chapter of the "introducing Libreoffice" document, right here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/c/c2/0101GS3-IntroducingLibO.pdf
If zoom is at 100%, the page on your screen should be roughly as large as an actual sheet of paper. (A4 or US letter, depending on where you live). Zooming in or out will not change the document, it is just a way for you to either see more detail or get an overview. If the zoom is at 100% but everything is still too small, maybe LibreOffice has no correct information how large your screen is. But that should not need to bother you, just zoom in and you're good.

Also, if you're new to LibreOffice, it might be good to know about the documentation, which you can find here: http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
Of course you don't have to read all of that, but it comes in handy often.

Here's hoping this helps,

   Zak