Hi All

New to the list!!

I have used OO since it was StarOffice way back. About 2 years ago I converted to Linux and currently am using Linux Mint 9 KDE. I developed a Database in OO Base which I still use (OO Version 3.4.1) and it runs perfectly - (but I do have problems with OO Base!!).

Because of this I'm wanting to convert to LibreOffice and have for the past 3 releases tested my Database on these with no luck. After trying the latest (3.4) last week I wrote into the LO Base Forum with a request for help and received a reply from a Member that OO Base and LO Base are incompatible!! If this is the case I can _NOT_ move my system to LO as I _MUST_ have my Database!!

If I try to connect to my Database in LO I get the error...
"The connection to the data source "xxx" could not be established.
General error: org.hsqldb.FileSystemRuntimeException:
java.io.IOException:
/home/tinderbox/libreoffice/clone/components/package/source/xstor/storage.cxx:3169"

If I navigate to the odb file and double-click it, LibreOffice Base opens up but I get the same error!!

The same file runs perfectly on my other machine with OO base and my test machine has a local copy of the odb file on it, I'm not connecting across the Network.

Can anyone help me out and/or confirm the story about incompatibility please!!??

Thanks a lot

Ian Whitfield.
Pretoria, South Africa.////