On 2011-06-13, Karsten Breitig wrote:

Von: Marcello Romani <mromani@ottotecnica.com>

Il 12/06/2011 23:19, Karsten Breitig ha scritto:

I've got some issues with LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Ubuntu 11.04 (Unity).

I have a presentation file here (.odp, used to be .pptx). When I
open it, the system logs off. This happens only with this
presentation (and one else), others work fine. The problem can be
repeated several times.

In some cases, it doesn't crash while opening a file, but when I try to insert an image.

I've got enough memory and disk space. The presentation worked on
another Ubuntu 11.04 with LibreOffice 3.3.2.

Does anybody know how to help me?

Hi, I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. It was a pretty normal
document that made OOo crash and log me out of the session.
I couldn't reliably reproduce the bug. In fact it appeared only a couple
of times and haven't seen it again since then.
If I remember correctly, looking at the system logs it had something to
do with graphic drivers and X crashing.
I suppose subsequent system updates solved the driver problem.
(My PC is a fairly old PIV 2.8Ghz with the infamous Intal 82865G
integrated graphics controller).

So my advice is: look at Xorg logs, dmesg and other system logs. Look at
your graphics cards manufacturer and model (lspci) and search for bugs
in launchpad.

I just found out, that my problem only occurs, when I go to fullscreen
with the presentation. However, it doesn't seem to be an
x-server-crash.
Does that change something?

If the presentation had transition effects, it'd explain the crash,
because then the cause would probably be some issue with the graphics
card acceleration and the transition effects (which are only executed
when in full screen).

When you said the system logs off, you mean you get back to a graphical
login screen?

That *is* a x-server crash, login managers handle logouts by launching
the login screen again (in a new X session) when your X session dies.

Can you check what is your video card?

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg