----- Original Message ----
From: todd rme <toddrme2178@gmail.com>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Fri, 10 June, 2011 17:05:00
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Re: Re: SVG embedding in LibreOffice

Hi :)
Have bug-reports been posted?  I think the issues are  quite important to
get
fixed.

Yes, a bunch:
 svg (LibreOffice Bugzilla): 36511, 36520, 37895, 37994, 34720, 36154,
 36890, 37072, 31460, 33554, 32248
eps (OpenOffice.org Bugzilla): 12059,  117071, 93629, 84177, 24254
The discussion in the first eps bug I listed  I took to basically be
saying that the developers were happy enough with  the existing
functionality (rendering previews) so this bug was not  going to be
fixed, so I never bothered making a new one in the  LibreOffice
bugzilla.  Is there any point requesting support for native  eps
rendering, or are the LibreOffice developers of the same opinion  as
the one stated in this bug?

 Todd

Hi :)
I would post again but to the  LibreOffice bug-team this time.  OpenOffice
had
different owners and had  to deal with different constraints.  A high
percentage
of devs in  LibreOffice are new and the ones that aren't have finally been
freed
to  get on with stuff.

Regards from
Tom :)

Done: Bug  38161

So what is the decision on the svg embedding?  For me at lest  SVG
support is even more important than EPS support.

Todd

Hi :)
I don't think there is a definite final answer yet.  It seems that Svg work is
scheduled for Googles' Summer of Code (GSoC).  So, hopefully it wont get worked
on before that ;) lol.  Otherwise they'll have to re-schedule what they are
doing for GSoC.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)