Hi :)
It's usually best to use the package manager to find and install programs.
Windows does not have an equivalent unless a 3rd party one has been installed
(which is extremely rare).

For Fedora's one see the 11th slide here
http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Fedora

Star button - "System Settings" - bottom section "System Administration" -
"Software Management"
I would right-click on that and add a short-cut/launcher to the desktop or
task-bar to make it easier to get at.

The package manager has search features to help you find stuff that hasn't
already been installed, it helps install and then looks after updates too.  They
also help with un-installing, getting lists of everything installed on the
system, history of when programs were installed and stuff like that.  It might
help you un-install the 3.4.0 and try again.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)