Hi :)
The 3.3.2 from the PPAs on Ubuntu 10.04 had no problem with the presentation.
Does 11.04 have the Janitor that earlier Ubuntus have?  or can you boot into
"recovery mode" (2nd option in the boot-menu) and then do spring-cleaning such
as "Clear some space".  Also could you save the file onto your local machine and
try opening it from there rather than over the network?
Regards from
Tom :)