Hallo Steve,
Steve Edmonds schrieb:

On 2/06/11 3:20 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Steve,

Steve Edmonds schrieb:
[long decription]

The size of the outline numbering no longer changes to match the text.
The outline numbering is fixed the same font, size, weight everywhere.

My question is how do I undo this so that the outline numbering will
again follow the characteristics of the text it appears in front of.

Go to character style "Numbering Symbol". On the tab "Font" or on the
tab "Font effects" (depends on your settings) click on the button
"Standard". Go to the tab "Organizer". There should be no entries in
section "Contains".

Thanks for your help Regina.
I see the entries in organiser that must be cleared. In "Font" I have
only font, typeface, size and language selections. In "Font Effects" I
have no button "Standard", just 6 list selectors and 4 tick boxes
(Outline, Shadow, Blinking, Hidden).
I have LO 3.3.2 on mac.

I have no mac, so I cannot say whether this is typical for mac or a bug. Each tab should have a "Standard" button. Can you try another version, perhaps LO3.4.0 rc2?

The settings are bounded to the document. So perhaps it works for you, when you open parallel a new document with default numbering, and then go to File > Templates > Organize and copy the style "Numbering 1".

If you see "white" and "transparent" in the Organize tab, that is probably OK too.

Kind regards
Regina