On 29/05/2011 11:17, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :) I looked there but couldn't find it in English (GB) help files
yet.  Could you copy&paste the clear and concise explanation you
found?  Pointing at documentation is great if you can summarise it
well.  Certainly better than blind guesses or an Rtfm answer ;)
Regards from Tom :)

I don't see how it could be any more clear. From the menu bar select
Help/LibreOfficeHelp then type the word 'default' in the search box.
This brings you to "default templates". from where you click on
'Display'. Read, mark and inwardly digest everything in the displayed
section and you should be home and dry.

The first paragraph is the key item, but it does presuppose that you understand the use of styles, specifically page styles. This is where you define A4 as the default page format.

Peter HB