On Windows 7 with the Help Pack installed, the Conditional Formatting Help button takes me to the
local Help index page.  It is necessary to enter "conditional formatting" or scroll to it in the
index, but the material is there.  That is, I have the same behavior that you describe for the
Ubuntu 10.10 behavior.

I suspect that you need the separately downloaded Help Pack for the Windows 7 install.

 - Dennis

PS: I also think you have found a bug.  The English page is apparently at
http://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Conditional_Formatting and I have no idea how specific builds
shall continue to connect to release-specific pages (if that is intended) with conditional
selection on language.  It looks like what you encountered is still in transition from the OO.o
implementation.