Hi :)

Yes, there is or at least there will be fairly soon (in the next few weeks).
The documentation for OpenOffice's slightly less developed Draw is also valid
although LibreOffice's Draw can also handle svg and more functionality too.

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
The one for Draw still needs updating from it's OpenOffice roots but is
available as both pdf and odt (so you can edit it yourself on your own machine)
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/6/62/0107GS3-GettingStartedWithDraw.odt

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/8/87/0107GS3-GettingStartedWithDraw.pdf

If you would like to help the documentation team update the guide then the usual
way is to

1. Join their team, say hi and ask for an "Alfesco" login from them.
2. Download their Draw guide from Alfresco & let the list know you are working
on it so other people don't mess up what you are doing.
3. Post to  their mailing list about changes you are uncertain about or about
any other issues that seem relevant.
4. Upload back to the Alfresco site, hopefully moving it on to the next step,
perhaps to the proof-reading stage!  The list are helpful about this process
(it's amazingly easy apparently)
5. Let the list know you have uploaded it.

You might also be interested in other OpenSource programs, also free but more
importantly Free, such as Gimp and InkScape.  Gimp is a lot more like PhotoShop
and there a huge range of add-ons to add extra functionality.  It's not really
designed for vector graphics tho.  Inkscape is designed mainly for vector
graphics but it's not a pretty interface.  Hopefully Draw brings in useful
elements of both while keeping a nice looking interface.

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/InstallHelp#Installing_on_a_Mac

OpenSource programs tend to work together very well and tend to be faster and
safer than proprietary equivalents.  Developments tend to be faster so if you
have a problem or can think of an improvement then it's usually worth letting
people know.

Regards from
Tom :)

PS i think Jean has beat me to the answer and as head of documentation team her
(/his?) answer is better right now.  I can't keep up with what's going on
there.