Hello all,

I've seen in certain textbooks a style where a 'heading' will take the form of the first sentence of a paragraph. This seems impossible to do in LO, since all Heading styles used for Outline purposes are paragraph styles. Is there any way around this? I can't think of one; I think it would be a feature to add.

I think it could potentially be achieved by making the 'newline' after paragraph styles optional. I know that could possibly break a lot of logic, but in the process of implementing it it would be interesting to look into another problem people have, whereby they would like the spacing after a paragraph to only appear when the following paragraph is a different style - in essence, to have attributes of paragraph styles conditional on context. It's been noted elsewhere that this ability would remove the need to have a set of three styles for list paragraphs (Start, Cont, End).

This is just daydreaming but it seems to me these two features might have some relation to each other. Thoughts?

Cheers,

--Ryan