Hi Michael,

I do not know much about LO, but I wrote the initial xml filter code
for graphics in OOo. Maybe LO has changed some or there is a bug.
But if it works for small documents it should work for large documents.

Are you really saving the presentation inside the directory with the
images? are all images inside that directory?

Maybe try
- save presentation to image directory
- close presentation
- load presentation from image directory
- save presentation again
- close presentation
- move image directory
- open presentation from new image directory
- save to desired location

If this still does not work, try to actually change the
document before each save step. F.e. insert a shape and delete
it befor pressing save/save as.

If all else fails, go to tools options / load&save and disable
xml size optimization. Then safe the document and extract content.xml.
Open with your prefered text editor, f.e. gedit, and search & replace
the old image path.

All in all this would make for a nice extension where one could batch
process multiple links.

Regards,
Christian