On 05/06/2011 06:34 AM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Le 06/05/11 09:57, Gordon Burgess-Parker a écrit :
Anyone found a way of doing this short of downloading the free Lotus
Symphony suite? (I only have 4 files, so that seems a bit of overkill...)

Gnumeric is purported to be able to open them, but you'd have to be
running Linux or Mac (unless Gnumeric is available on Windows).

There are actually a number of freeware/shareware utilities for
converting wk* formatted files into something else on Windows.

Alex

Gnumeric does (linux) open wk4. I tested with two files from here:
http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/mike.cox/SPC.htm
Implementing the Circle Technique Using Spreadsheets
Files containing Lotus(.WK1) WK1  , Lotus(.WK4) WK4

No problem opening the wk1 with OOo or LO, but both failed on the wk4.

There is a Windows version:
http://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/downloads.shtml
I've just installed on WinXP & that works as well.

Both the linux & Windows verson give some ref errors:
=if(#REF!,#REF!,if(C24=0,time("
",(C24-B9)*(C24-B9)*2+(B24-B10)*(B24-B10)>B8*B8,hour(-1.22339444643022e-89)),"
"))

And the chart doesn't display etc., but the file does open.

I reckon the question would be; why is it that gnumeric can open wk4
files, but OOo & LO cannot?