Barbara Tobias <barbtobias09@gmail.com> wrote,

I have just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 and received LibreOffice 3.3.2
instead of OpenOffice.

The problem I have encountered is that comments created with
Cntrl/Alt/N disappear when the file is saved and then reopened.

The question is whether there is any place I can go to find
differences between OpenOffice and Libre. I had been told there was no
difference, but obviously there is at least one because I used
comments extensively with OpenOffice with no problem.

Hi Barbara,

This works fine for me using the LibreOffice supplied with Ubuntu 11.04.

Check to make sure that View > Comments is ticked (checked) when you
open the file.

There are some differences between OOo and LO. LO includes some features
that OOo doesn't have. They are marked by an asterisk * on this page:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/new-features-and-fixes/

A few OOo features don't work unless you have "Enable experimental
features" selected in Tools > Options > General, but I don't think
Comments is one of them.

Regards, Jean
LibreOffice Documentation Team