________________________________
From: James Wilde <james.wilde@sunde-wilde.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Tue, 3 May, 2011 9:52:38
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Date format in template

On Apr 30, 2011, at 13:25 , xwolf wrote:

Hi James

The following solution might be of interest if you want to permanently change
all LibreOffice's behaviour to use the ISO date format.

So I did the following (LibreOffice 3.3.2, on Windows XP):
** In a hex-editor (HxD for example), I opened "C:\Program Files\LibreOffice
3\program\localedata_en.dll". (DLL version 3.03.202)
** PS: Make a backup of this file before you try this!
** At offset "BB44" I found the following unicode string: "MM/DD/YY" - you
might
find this string at some other offset...
** I changed it (unicode!) to "YYYY/MM/DD" - which I wanted.
** (PS: make sure you stay consistent with the "00" filler bytes that unicode
strings require for this to work)

This worked for me :D - even files that were created before this modification
now showed their dates in the "yyyy/mm/dd" format. 8-)

Final thought: It would be nice if the developers added an option "Don't use
locales" or a "NoLanguage" language option - this would make this sort of
workaround unnecessary.

Thanks, Xwolf.  In my case the problem proved to be a corrupt configuration
file.  Unfortunately the config file is not what I would call user friendly, so
just which bit of it was corrupt I'm not able to say.  I simply renamed it and
the system created a new one for me.  Haven't noticed anything else that had
altered.

//James

Hi :)
Perhaps you can use LibreOffice to compare changes between the 2 files, if they
are text-files, and maybe get some of you old configurations back using that?
Regards from
Tom :)