On 2011-04-27, at 11:41 PM, Simon Cropper wrote:
On 28/04/11 13:25, Peter Teeson wrote:
Good thought. Here's what Terminal says

Last login: Tue Apr 26 22:08:14 on ttys000
Gandalf:~ pteeson$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07-334-10M3326)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02-334, mixed mode)

For comparson... My terminal states

~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_24"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)
~$

The only notable difference is the "-b07-334-10M3326" and that you
appear to be using a 64-Bit Machine. Dumb thought, have you
downloaded the correct version of LO? I am not sure, can you
actually run a 32 Bit version of LO on a 64 Bit Machine?

--
Cheers Simon

Thanks Simon. Interesting point.
My machine is a 2x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon ("Nehalem") with 6GB
1066 MHz DDR3 RAM
I have not done anything to make it boot into 64-bit mode. By default
it runs a 32-bit kernel.

Looking at the crash log some more it seems to be something to do
with drawing and the ApplicationServices framework.

I'll have to sleep now, mate, but tamara I'll try to setup a build to
see if I can debug using Xcode.

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   ...ple.ApplicationServices.ATS    0x93c7ccc6
OTL::GCommon::GetMaxLookupCount() const + 20
1   ...ple.ApplicationServices.ATS    0x93c7bc82
ProcessRunCommon(OTL::GCommon&, TGlyphArray&, long, long, unsigned
long, bool) + 254
2   ...ple.ApplicationServices.ATS    0x93c1e1ca ProcessGSUBRun + 222
3   ...ple.ApplicationServices.ATS    0x93c17cc1 ApplyMorphForRun + 425
4   ...ple.ApplicationServices.ATS    0x93c7978b ApplyMorph + 137
5   ...ple.ApplicationServices.ATS    0x93c16fe1 _eLLCLayoutText + 274
6   ...ple.ApplicationServices.ATS    0x93c16eb8 LLCLayoutText + 83
7   com.apple.QD                      0x945e3c19
ATSULayoutGlyphs(TATSUGlyphRecordArray*, ATSLineLayoutLineParams*,
long, ATSUTab const*, unsigned long, __CFString const*, unsigned
short const*, unsigned long, unsigned long) + 197
8   com.apple.QD                      0x945e3ad9
TTextLineLayout::LayoutGlyphVector(TATSUGlyphRecordArray*,
ATSLineLayoutLineParams*, TLayoutControls*, long, unsigned long) + 163
9   com.apple.QD                      0x945e295e
TTextLineLayout::EnsureLayoutIsUpToDate(unsigned long, unsigned char,
unsigned long, TATSUGlyphRecordArray**) + 940
10  com.apple.QD                      0x94663f78
TTextLineLayout::GetGlyphBounds(unsigned long, unsigned long, long,
long, unsigned short, unsigned long, ATSTrapezoid*, unsigned long*) +
164
11  com.apple.QD                      0x94650851 ATSUGetGlyphBounds +
143

respect....
Peter

Peter,

Sleep.

For tomorrow...

In my experience when a Java VM baulks the errors provided are next to
useless.

Personally I would consider installing a 32-bit version of java then
using LO Preferences point to the new version.

If you can't shake the problem -- delete all versions of Java from
your machine then reinstall the correct version for your machine, then
point LO to that version. Take care to not what else may be using Java
and may require a particular version to run.

I presume the "mate, but tamara..." alludes to some sort of stereotype
for Australians? Maybe "mate" but "tamara"?

If its an apple on OSX 10.6.6 it should be running 64 bit, so your java
should be correct. As I said it is exactly the same version as on my
mac, mac book pro 64 bit. But then removing java and LO and clearing
your home LO directory and reinstalling from scratch may clear things up.