On 04/25/2011 12:35 PM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
1. I cannot understand why there is STILL no "upgrade" function in LO. I had 3.3.1 and in order to upgrade to 3.3.2 I had to download the whole 220 MB. Now I know that's not a lot, but for those on capped and/or slow connections it IS a lot. 2. In the old installation of 3.3.1 I had removed all the non-English dictionaries (after a long search on how to do this - WHY is there not an easy dictionary removel method?) and after downloading the GB version of the new install file, IT RE-INSTALLED ALL THE NON-ENGLISH DICTIONARIES! What on earth is the point of a GB install file when it just replaces all the non-English dictionaries that I had to painstakingly remove previously? GRRRRRR.
Come on LO. Get your act together....

Sounds like you installed Windows version.

The problem with upgrading via smaller files is how do you deal with installing these small files properly? Sometimes it seems that if you have any security built into your system, it will make it very difficult to allow small changes to big packages.

It would be nice to have some way to just upgrade the package modules that are updated. But there are so many problems if there are package wide updates that are embedded into the largest of the files installed. Actually, depending on your OS, these files could be stored in many different places. I am still trying to find where my OS is storing a few files that I know are there.