Hi todd,

todd rme schrieb:
Is there a way to tell libreoffice where the caption text ends?  For
example, say I have a caption like such:

Figure 1: This is my figure.

After making the caption, I add this:

Figure 1: The is my figure. A: part 1. B: Part 2

I only want the part I made first to be considered the caption, but
any text I add after that is automatically included in the caption as
well.  So when I try to make a list of figures using the built-in
indexes and tables tool, the captions are all 2 or 3 lines instead of
2 or 3 words.  Is there a way to tell it to only count a certain
portion as the caption?

You have to set the additional text into a new line in the caption.

Kind regards
Regina