On 2011-04-19 04:02, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Le 19/04/11 08:14, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera a écrit :

Hi Osvaldo,

But why? this makes no sense.  Why does the application run in a
different mode, according to file filename?  Isn't there a workaround or
something for this?

The workaround is to rename the extension of your file to *.ppt and make
it writable if it is currently on a read only mount/share.

A DVD can't be made read-write for renaming, nor read-only shares that contain backup. If it's RO, it's for a reason :-P :-)

I believe this bug was not present in OO; at least not the last version
I used.  Any ideas on when this will be fixed?

The automatic slideshow execution of PPS files was a long time request
for many MSOffice users who switched to OOo and then found that their
slideshow presentations didn't start up automatically in slideshow mode.
The PPS extension is just that - a slideshow. The PPT extension is the
Powerpoint "editable" file. I doubt that this recently integrated
feature in LibO is going to be withdrawn any time soon.

So LO is actually targeted towards former MS Office, rather that ex-OO users. I don't think that fair on the OO userbase that never used MS Office.

Alex

A context menu to "normal view" or "non-presentation view" would be a great fix. Or a ~/config/libreoffice config file where one could disable the behaviour would be great to. It seems unfair that LO is better acomodated to former MS-office-users, instead of OO-users. It's like trying to absorb that userbase, without caring for the OO userbase.

I don't want to actually EDIT the file. I just want that view then in non-presetation view because I hate animations that take more time than it takes me to read.

Restricting funcionallity from a software acording to what some author chose when distributing is a form of DRM, even if it's really crappy and easily workaroundable.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera