This formula "=COUNTIF($F$4:$K$380;F4)=1" is actually used in the Data
Validation section in Excel and looks through cells F4 through K380 and does
not allow us to input multiple serial numbers for equipment. For instance,
we scan a serial number in cell F4 and try to scan the same number in cell
F8 then we will get an error message saying that we already scanned that
serial number in. I tried to do the same thing in Calc but it does not allow
me to make a custom criteria under DATA>VALIDITY. As for the "=1" at the end
I am not sure why it is there. I have been going with the status quo under i
was task to find an alternative to MS Office. Lucky me I guess.

Chris

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Steve Edmonds