On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 09:24 +0200, timi@iafrica.com wrote:

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you could advise me on the following?

I have created a 98 slide program in Impress. I say program rather than presentation as I'm
using Impress to ensure correct content and links before all the data is transferred to a
VB.net environment.

The 98 page sequence works fine.

Each page has an average of between 5 and 7 short audion clips in MP3 format linked to
buttons on each page... also no problem.

However when I try and copy the whole show over to Microsoft (to allow other Users in my
company to view it) by either using Save as MS PP 97/2000/XP (.ppt) or MS PP 2007/XML
(.pptx) then the resultant show is OK regarding the pictures and text on each page BUT all
the audio files fail i.e. no sound.

Initially I thought it might be the MP3 format and so converted to WMA but no difference.

Is it possible MS can lose the original path to the audio files?

Any advice much appreciated.

timi

Timi

Do you know what PPT versions are being used? The later versions will
open document files directly. I would try opening the open document file
in PPT check to see if everything works correctly then save the file in
PPT format. My guess is that the file conversion is not properly
converting the links.

Another possibility, where the audio files stored? Are they on a Windows
compatible driver (NTFS, FAT32)? If Windows can not read the disk, it
will not find the files, this could be an oversight if you are using
Linux, Windows does not normally read Linux partitions.
--
Jay Lozier
Jslozier@gmail.com