Hello Gabriel,

On 01/04/11 14:15, gabspeck wrote:
I'm using LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Ubuntu 10.10 (with the packages from the
official PPA).

Whenever I try to open a file with special characters on their pathname
(such as "é", "á"), LibreOffice pops up the following message:

" does not exist".

However, it displays the pathname with garbled characters in place of the
special characters. For instance, for a file located at
"/home/gabriel/Documentos/editáveis/documento.odt", the message is:

"/home/gabriel/Documentos/edit??veis/documento.odt does not exist".

My LANG is set to en_US.utf8.

Has anyone else ran into this issue

I could not reproduce this on Ubuntu 10.4. I created a folder called "editáveis" like you did and tried an "é" in the file name, and everything seemed to work fine, both by using File > Recent, File > Open and clicking on the file in Nautilus.

However, I've been uninstalling & reinstalling new LibreOffice versions manually from the .debs rather than using any PPA. My version information in Help > About LibreOffice is:

LibreOffice 3.3.2
OOO330m19 (Build:202)
tag libreoffice-3.3.2.2

Is this the version you're using?

Which of the three methods I mentioned are you using to open the document?

Thanks,

-r