Jacob Valdez wrote:

... Once I create an inserted table in one cell of a host
table, I want to copy that table to most of the remaining cells and then
just change the data in the sub-tables afterward.
I tried copying but it doesn't work.  I can copy the nested table and
paste outside the host table, but I can't paste into other cells.

I'm now using LibreOffice 3.3.2 and figured out how to copy a table from one
cell of a host table to other cells.
Instead of selecting and copying the nested table, I selected and copied the
cell containing the nested table--then I could paste it to other cells of
the host table.  Simple really.
This program is great but there are a lot of "ins and outs" that have to be
learned before many of its functions can be used adeptly.