Hi Pedro,

Pedro Francisco wrote (26-03-11 11:42)
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Cor Nouws<oolst@nouenoff.nl>  wrote:
Pedro Francisco wrote (25-03-11 23:15)

Autoformatting a Table sets all text values on the table (if not all, the
ones on the 'rightest' cells of the table) to 0.
[...]

Under the More/Options, you can turn Number recognition off. I expect that
will help. Pls let us know,

Makes sense. Thanks, that solves the immediate problem :)

Still, what happened was something like this: I selected autoformat on a
table with Text on it. Some -- not all -- of the values were turned into 0.
Being a smart ass I decided to copy the affected area, autoformat the table
and then paste again the old values. A few iterations (sending the ODT to a
friend and back) we both open the ODT and see that most values are 0.

So, it'd seem the type of input on the tables gets stuck as 'Number' and on
some indefinite number of iterations it sets the value back as 0 since for
some reason it reinterprets the value.

Now, there are some problems with diagnosing this: I was using LibreOffice,
he was using OpenOffice and I couldn't reproduce the problem on a 5 minute
attempt. This bug is annoying -- and would be more if I hadn't the values
that had vanished on a TXT file.

So, I'll attempt to reproduce the problem and once I do that I'll post back.
In the meantime, here is this mail for pointing the issue.

Thanks again for your help :)

You're welcome ;-)
And thanks for reporting back and trying to find a scenario that can be reproduced.
Two things that might be of influence:
- maybe some of the cells have a different cell formatting for number notation (see the context menu of a cell) - maybe you and your friend have a different setting for cell recognition (again see the context menu of a cell and also Tools>Options> LO Writer>Tables > Entering of numbers) ??

Still... odd problem.

Kind regards,
Cor

--