Dear André,

André Luiz Romano Madureira wrote:
Hello Lorenzo,

When I open the remote path via NAUTILUS it does CIFS mounting and I can with that open the file via LIBREOFFICE normally... But the questions is, why don't dolphin (KDE File Manager) does CIFS mounting to allow this type of modifying? Together with that, why does LibreOffice have to have a path mounted via CIFS to work on it if, in my Open Dialog on Kubuntu, I have the option to acess SAMBA network directly via this Opening Dialog?
I'm afraid my knowledge about KDE is near-to-zero... but I'm someone else in this list (or maybe on the kubuntu support channels) can help shed light on the problem. Personally I decided to mount the samba shares directly because that way virtually 'any' software can access the files (as well as being able to do terminal stuff like find, grep etc.).

Bests,
Lorenzo.

Thanks for your help,

André M.