Rainer Krienke wrote:

Hello,

recently I moved from OpenOffice to LibreOffice on my openSuSE 11.3 linux
box.
Libreoffice itself  starts fast on this system which has 8GB of memory and a
Core i5 processor .

What I noticed is that opening an existing document eg a spreadsheet (.ods)
takes a very long time. For a spreadsheet that has only 20 lines (filesize,
18.5 Kbyte), with LibreOffice already running, take about 6 seconds until
the document is visible. During the 6 seconds the new opened window is
simply grey.

If I close the docuement without leaving LibreOffice and the reopen it again
its loaded really fast and then also other docuemnts load fast (< 1sec). So
it seems that when the first docuement is loaded something else happens that
take quite a long time. When I reastart Libreoffice and open the docuement
once again, it again takes 6 sec to open it .

This does not only happen with a single special document but with each and
every docment I try to open. In Openoffice the load time for such a small
spreadsheet was not even one second.

Any ideas what might be the cause for this delay?

Have a nice day
Rainer
Hi Rainer

I had a similar, if not the same issue, on my openSUSE 11.3 64Bit install. I
use KDE and had not installed the libreofice-gnome extensions for this reason.
Having been advised to remove my libreoffice profile, which did nothing, I
decided to install the gnome extension anyway and for me this resolved the
issue. Perhaps it will for you too. I install libreoffice from the stable
repository at:

 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_11.3/

HTH

Regards