________________________________
From: Ken Springer <snowshed@dishmail.net>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, 28 February, 2011 1:22:23
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: test-drive linux easily

On 2011-02-27 08:44:25 -0700, Larry Gusaas said:

What is the name of that distro? I'd like to check it out.

This is embarrassing...  I'm sure I saved it to my hard drive.... somewhere!
LOL
And now, I can't remember the name either.  It's also possible I stumbled on to
a page for Mac4Lin, which is an OS X theme for Linux.  But I don't think I would
have saved that.
I'll keep looking for it, and when I do find it, I'll let you know.
Ken

Hi :)
There are a lot of themes or DEs that have some elements of a "Mac" feel or look
because Mac developed from Bsd which shares a lot of gnu&linux stuff.  When
Ubuntu moved it window/console buttons to the left and switched from light to
dark themes a lot of people said it switched from a "Windows" look to a "Mac"
look.  Mac doesn't seem anxious to try to assert copyright probably because many
of it's UI components were first seen in Gnu and then modified.

The question is what elements do you want to change to make your distro look
more like Mac?  Then you could try to configure those elements.  I like the
Windows style taskbars but many people install Avant Windows Navigator and then
set that to start-up at every boot.
Regards from
Tom :)