On Feb 24, 2011, at 19:24 , Ron Gregor wrote:

How long does a post take to show up? I have tried to submit a a post yesterday and again
today. If a post is rejected will we be notified? How can we tell is subscription was finalized?
replied to confirmation email but then nothing?

Normally only a couple of minutes, Ron, for subscribed members.

Genuine posts are not rejected.  They go to the moderators, who pass them as soon as they can,  If
I remember correctly there are three of us on this list, on different continents, so there's not
normally a long delay.  Since this post of yours came to us for moderation, I assume that your
attempt to subscribe did not work completely, if you are mailing now from the same email account.

You say you replied to the confirmation email, but then nothing.  If I remember correctly, you
should then get back a welcome email, letting you know that your subscription has worked.  It
doesn't sound as though that happened.  Dig out the message again and have another go.

However, even if your subscription didn't work, your message to the list should have appeared,
moderated by one of the moderators, so why it hasn't appeared is a mystery.

Regards

//James