Having played with a long and highly structured document on LibO for the last few days… the
following is a feature I'd like to suggest… for what it is worth.

Currently the styles sidebar/window lists the styles in plain text.

Both MS Word and Apple Pages (the other two word processors I have on hand) display the styles in
their actual format. It makes it much easier to work with styles, because without this visual cue
one has to use rather long styles names to make it clear what the style is. This applies especially
to long documents that require a wide variety of styles.

The only other thought that comes to mind is that a bit of polish on the various icons throughout
would give it much greater visual appeal, I think. I've been using Open Office for about 4 years
now and it still looks the same as it did when I first started using it. Obviously this has no
impact on functionality, yet I do think that many people are drawn to use apps with visual appeal,
over one that lacks it. I suspect in the minds of many people, there is also an association between
an application looking "current" (as opposed to outdated) and them getting the impression an
application is likely to be up-to-date with regards to features and technology. So in terms of
increasing the popularity I think modernising the bling on the icons, etc., would positively impact
migration to LibreOffice. Right now Word 2011 for Mac, and Pages 09 for mac make LibreOffice look
like its an application from the 90's. I mean no disrespect by this, as actually I find the
feature-set/functionality of LibreOffice to be ahead of these commercial apps in many ways… which
is why I have stuck with it (and its predecessors) for some years now.

With thanks,

Jonathan