Hi Tony,

2011/1/20 baldwin linguas <baldwinlinguas@gmail.com>

Me dr00gies,

I have LO3.3 installed on Debian/Lenny AMD64. (actually, have seen
this same behavior on deb/len x86 box, too).
Sometimes I fire up LO and try top get an open-file dialogue (to open
a file), and the dialog does not come up.
The program hangs, and I see CPU use go through the roof.
I usually end up killing LO from the command line.
Logging out of my wm and back in seems to amend whatever the issue is,
momentarily.
I am using OpenBox, but believe I have seen the same behavior while using
wmii.
I don't believe I've seen it while using XFCE.
I doubt the wm is a significant variable, but thought I'd mention it.
I should probably try to get an error message, but I had not been
starting LO from the command line,
so, haven't seen any just yet.
The issue is not consistent, so, it seems when I try to reproduce and
diagnose, it wants to work normally.

some time ago, I've had myself also very strange errors,that were hard to
reproduce for me and not at all reproducible by others.

In my case, it turned out, that my RAM had errors. Replacing the RAM module
with a new one solved the problem for me. Is there a way, that you can run
memtest, so that you can check this? Might be worth a try.

Sigrid