As you say, run diffs and see what shows up. If not, try resetting your customizatons (ideally 1 at
a time) until you get a crash, then you'll probably know what the problem is. I'd be willing to bet
however that a config file or setting got corrupted somewhere along the way and you won't be able
to recreate the bug.
Paul