On 11-01-17 06:02 PM, Zed wrote:
[..]
A search for the package leads to Ubuntu PPAs but as I am using the Debian
edition of LinuxMint, I am reluctant to use these, in case there are future
problems.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Zed
Hi Zed,

I would use the .deb packages for now if I were you. I couldn't find any
references to LibreOffice in the LMDE community resources. The Ubuntu
PPA is bound to have specific tweaks for Ubuntu and if you have any bugs
you won't be able to file them there as the bug tracker is for the
Ubuntu version running on Ubuntu. OTOH if you use .debs you can file
bugs in Mint [1] or upstream at FreeDesktop.org [2].

As Terry and Alexander indicated, you need the lang pack to be installed
first. In a few steps:

1) Make a directoy for your install files:
mkdir libo-debs

2) Change into it:
cd libo-debs

3) Get the ENglish-US installer and en-GB langpack + help file:
wget -c
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/3.3.0-rc3/deb/x86/LibO_3.3.0rc3_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz
wget -c
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/3.3.0-rc3/deb/x86/LibO_3.3.0rc3_Linux_x86_langpack-deb_en-GB.tar.gz
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/3.3.0-rc3/deb/x86/LibO_3.3.0rc3_Linux_x86_helppack-deb_en-GB.tar.gz

4) Extract all the archives:
tar -xvzf LibO_3.3.0rc3_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz
tar -xvzf LibO_3.3.0rc3_Linux_x86_langpack-deb_en-GB.tar.gz
tar -xvzf LibO_3.3.0rc3_Linux_x86_helppack-deb_en-GB.tar.gz

5) Install all the .debs:
sudo dpkg -R -i .

I only had an Ubuntu 10.10 system available to test the above, let me
know if that works for you. You will need to adjust the package names
and locations accordingly if you use a 32-bit system.

This is essentially the same as the official instructions here (only
saving a few steps as -R in the above command goes into directories
recursively for you):
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_LibreOffice_on_Linux

Cheers,

Fabián

--
LibreOffice questions ? Des questions sur LibreOffice ? Preguntas acerca
de LibreOffice ? Ask LibreOffice: http://libreoffice.shapado.com/