On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Sigrid Carrera
<sigrid.carrera@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi Baldwin,

2011/1/9 baldwin linguas <baldwinlinguas@gmail.com>:
I spoke too soon.
the program opens, but as soon as I try to type an text (writer) it
crashes again,
giving me this same error again:

**
**
ERROR:(../../../../../../../src/libjava/classpath/native/jni/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkToolkit.c:103):cp_gtk_gdk_env:
assertion failed: ((*java_vm)->GetEnv(java_vm, &tmp.void_env,
JNI_VERSION_1_2) == JNI_OK)
/opt/libreoffice/program/soffice: line 167: 25343 Aborted
  "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"

tony

have you tried to file a bug in bugzilla?
http://bugs.freedesktop.org

I'm not sure, if the developers read the users list, so filing a bug
would be the way to go. I can tell you from experience, that they are
very responsive and if they need more info, they will ask you about
it.

But what you have already as error messages might be sufficient for
them to work with.

Good luck!

Sigrid

I might do that later.  have to take my kid to mall...
In the mean time, I did post relevant information to a thread on this
very topic on the debian forums.
Maybe someone there has a clue.
If they help me to find a solution, I will come back and inform this list,
of course.

LibreOffice works great on my 32bit-intel system.
We'll get it working on here, too. I'm sure.
Just needs someone smarter than me to figure out what the problem is.

I've also just considered that maybe in one of the various installs
I've done it he past
48 hours, something amiss occurred in some config file in my /home,
which would explain
why my user nor sudo can run it, but root can (since both user and
sudo will be using configs
from my /home, but root will not).
A possibility?

thanks