Before I start a bug report I'd like to know if this is a common issue or if it's just me.

System: Windows 7 HomePrem. 64bit
LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m12 (Build:2)
libreoffice-build 3.2.99.3
Download: http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/3.3.0-beta3/win/x86/LibO_3.3.0_Win_x86_install_multi.exe.mirrorlist
Full install

When I right click in an new writer document (or existing writer document) the right-click-menu takes about 7 seconds to open. Selecting text and right clicking then has the same result. When I misspell a word it gets underlined. If I right click on the misspelled word the menu is there within a second.

This was the same with Beta2.

In Calc it's faster too. It just takes two seconds.

I installed Beta2 while OpenOffice 3.2 was installed, then I removed OpenOffice and Beta2 before I installed Beta3. With OpenOffice it never took that long.

How to reproduce:
- Open an existing writer document (.odt) or create a new one.
- Right click into the empty space of the document.
- Count the seconds it takes the right click menu to appear.

Additional:
- Misspell a word and right click it after it got underlined.
- Count the seconds it takes until the menu appears.

On Ubuntu the right-click-menu (as well as the starting speed) is much faster.

Has anyone noticed something like what I described?
If not then it's just me and I won't report it as bug.

Thank you.

Regards,
bastik

26 Nov 2010, 16:57 (+0100)

--
Impurities make things work and sometimes unique.
Go Libre!