Le 2010-10-31 10:46, Matteo Sisti Sette a écrit :
Hi,

Some days ago I created a presentation with OpenOffice and I saved it in pptx format (Microsoft PowerPoint 2007).

Maybe I used OpenOffice 3.2.0

I don't remember which program of the suite I used, but right now the only one I see which can create presentations is Impress.

In the meantime I upgraded OOo to 3.2.1 and then I installed LibreOffice.

Now I want to save a pptx with LibreOffice Impress and I cannot find pptx among the available formats neither in the current LibreOffice nor in the current OpenOffice.org which is 3.2.1.

How is it possible? How did I save it as a pptx? By the way I can open the pptx in LibreOffice Impress but I cannot save it again in pptx format.

I'm very confused.

Was support for the pptx format dropped after version 3.2.0?? If so why?

thanks
m.

Unless the old Sun ODF converter added the pptx format in OpenOffice, I can assure you that OpenOffice was never able to save in pptx format. Would you, by any chance, have saved the presentation with PowerPoint 2007? The only possibility you have -- and ever had -- was to save in PowerPoint 2003 format (ppt).

The good news is that ppt presentations are fully compatible with PowerPoint 2007, so whatever you export in ppt format will be useable on a computer running Ms Office 2007 or 2010. The bad news is that the export process has its flaws.

--
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada) -- http://mgagnon.net