Le 2010-10-23 09:53, AG a écrit :
Hey all

Question about Base.

In table I defined a field "date" to take year only (I don't want days or months) for article publications. I selected user defined in the field properties and stipulated YYYY. The example shows up as 1903 and the format field shows 1900.

Now into the user form input, I enter 1991 into the date field and tab to the next field and the date converts into today's date with the format 23/10/10.

How do I stop Base doing what it wants to do and make it to do what I want it to do?

Thanks

AG

As far as I know, there are only two work arounds.
1. Enter the date as 1991-01-01 (or in whatever form your system wants it by default) and the date will be entered correctly. 2, Convert the field into a NUMBER field and format it as ####. After all, you won't calculate intervals.

--
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada) -- http://mgagnon.net