[libreoffice-projects] Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Meeting Minutes - Doc team meeting of 5/21/2020

Hi Olivier & all.,

just jumping in the bandwagon for a quick self-ad ;)

Le 22/05/2020 à 05:13, Olivier Hallot a écrit :
> [...]
+ Cleanup of excessive styles
+ Removal of unused styles
+ Create a macro to manage styles
+ check direct formatting, check style not "oficial"
+ Use the extension to change char templates

I don't know if that might be of interest for that purpose, but I'd want to make you know that I've been working on such a tool for some time now. This "WriterStylesReporter" is meant to become a Writer extension [1].

Its functionalities are:

-- documenting the paragraph and character styles by creating report under Calc (another report with Writer is scheduled)
Note: not all styles details are reported, only the ones I consider being of importance.

-- suppression of unused styles

FWIW, I've placed a demo report and a screenshot in a zip file, here:
https://catdrop.drycat.fr/r/U3yZebJD#Grb3MqcFjUFvZGUuqQoIouEnwlYXQs/+mG/hY66HZ6w=

[1] This is inspired by an extension (acStyleInspect) by Alain de la Chaume, that seems to be unavailable for some time now.

HTH,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux