[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-projects] Doc Team meeting Minutes April 9th, 2020
- Subject: [libreoffice-projects] Doc Team meeting Minutes April 9th, 2020
- From: Olivier Hallot <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 16:26:37 -0300
- To: LibreOffice Documentation <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
Thursday April 9th 2020, 18:00 UTC
Presents: Toni Blackwelder, Steve Fanning, Alain Romedenne, Dan Lewis,
Olivier, Marcia Wilbur
TDF Jitsi Room
Topics and Discussion:
+ A. Romedenne: Any interest for a Basic syntax booklet?
+ 10 pages booklet on most important aspect of LO Basic syntax (Alain)
+ Diagrams the same as the (new) Help pages on Basic
+ Write into wiki pages and also in a small printable booklet
+ Is booklet addressing other variants of Basic (e.g. VBA)? (S. Fanning)
+ No. Restricted to LO Basic (AR).
+ Booklet is welcome, please proceed (All)
+ Marcia Wilbur:
+ Need guidance to contribute to Doc
+ Knows Office suites since StarOffice
+ Professional tech writer
AI: + Send welcome instructions to Marcia (olivier)
+ Dan Lewis: A bio page for doc team members
+ Wiki page (+ blog post)
+ Base Guide is going well
+ Steve Fanning
+ What is the priority for books?
+ None. We can't set deadlines for volunteers (olivier)
+ We let volunteer contribute on what they like most
+ Calc is the most downloaded book (olivier)
+ To improve coordination, name a coordinator per Guide (olivier)
+ e.g. Jean H. Weber is natural Writer Guide leader, Jean?
+ Others welcome to step in.
+ Glad to contribute to Doc team with no deadlines (SF)
+ Toni Blackwelder
+ What release to use for book writing?, expect 6.4.2...
+ Use any release except when to verify/review a new feature
+ Writer is very stable as word processor.(Olivier)
+ 6.4.2 is just fine.
+ You can use Portable Apps to install another release with no harm
to system (A. Romedenne)
+ Other solutions available too (S. Fanning)
Next meeting : *THURSDAY* April 23rd 2020 at 18:00 UTC.
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2020-Apr-09
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Open Badges for top wiki contributors
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2020-Apr-09
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Open Badges for top wiki contributors