[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-projects] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Feb-14
- Subject: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2019-Feb-14
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:28:09 +0100
- To: LibO Design <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: LibO Project <email@example.com>
Present: Franklin, Heiko
* Wrong behavior using template via "Open Template"
+ rename _Open_ template to _Edit_ (Franklin)
+ File > New > Templates... unclear and should be renamed to "From Template..."
+ File > Templates > Manage Templates dialog now only has the feature to new from template.
should provide more features (like renaming, editing...) to "manage" these templates (Franklin)
+ alternatively rename to "New From Template..." but we would go back once the managing functions are implemented
=> go with the renaming of Open to Edit only; AI: check other tickets for template managing functions
* TEMPLATES -- "open new" instead of "open" // at "Templates / Manage Templates"
* Writer TEMPLATES -- renaming menu titles to be more intuitive -- TEMPLATES
=> dup of tdf#104074
* When opening the navigator, the caret is no longer positioned on the list
+ see c3, c5
+ wiki on shiortcuts https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Shortcut_Keys_for_Writer is not up to date
+ guideline on how F6 works for the sidebar https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/SideBar
+ however, accessing the styles per F11 jumps directly to the list
=> lets have it as requested in the ticket; opening the Navigator with F5 should focus the first list item;
but going per F6 through the controls starts at the Navigator's toolbar
* Remove option to adjust icon size at the Notebookbar
+ NB is not a replacement for standard toolbar and rather than having customization
we/the community should provide different NB variants
+ agree (Franklin)
=> kill it with fire
* notebookbar additional settings for label arrangement
+ WFM, see also https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=122799 (icon size)
=> see above; no customization for NBs
* Menubar -> Edit -> Comment group
+ Edit > "Edit Hyperlink" below "Comments" and View > "Show Comments" below "Track Changes"
+ always being careful when known menu structure is changed (Heiko)
+ both are part of the review process but it makes not a big difference (Franklin)
=> do not change unless more people agree (keep ticket open)
* Styles Menubar show icons
+ requested is to add the existing styles icons (see formatting (styles) toolbar) to the menu
=> no objection, good idea
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Re: [es-users] Reunión comunidad hispana / Hispanic Community meeting
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ...
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Next QA meeting: February 12 at 15:00 UTC
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes of the Doc team meeting of Feb 13th 2019