[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-projects] Doc team meeting minutes 2018 -11-28
- Subject: [libreoffice-projects] Doc team meeting minutes 2018 -11-28
- From: Olivier Hallot <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:49:10 -0200
- To: LibreOffice Documentation <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday November 28th2018, at 19:30 Berlin Time
Presents:Dave Barton, Drew Jensen, Olivier, Cathy Crumbley, Sophia
Schröder + unknown (connected to minutes only)
Fall back chat:
TDF Jitsi room
Completed Action Items:
+ Proposal for the future LibreOffice documentation development
Dave: My proposal for the workflow would be:
- Run conversion script on the last edition of each chapter to
be worked on.
- Apply the new template to the converted chapter.
- Updated the chapter's technical content.
- Final stage chapter cleanup & review.
* Complete the old -> new styles conversion list for Drew's script (Dave)
* Complete the 2nd. draft of the 6.x template (Dave)
* The first item is somewhat interdependent on the second one, but
both are reasonably close to completion
* Create the conversion script (Drew)
+ Enter images in document (Cathy)
AI: Clarify the image anchoring (olivier)
+File with comments on assembling a master document for Guides
+Quote on images:
with character anchors to display in
Master Document. As results, the frame with caption only displays
the caption with no image. Nevertheless the frame
keeps the size of the original image, even if invisible.
To circumvent: For each image inside the chapter, anchor the
image to PARAGRAPH inside the frame.
Select the image in the frame, click mouse button 2, select
Anchor, choose To Paragraph.
An extra paragraph may (or not) pop at the top of the caption
inside the frame. Just delete it."
AI: Emails developers to get more clarifications (Drew)
+ Appendix on CPU issues for Calc (threading, OpenCL)
+ What happen with the wiki page "Other Resources"? See the discussion:
* Help pages
+ [I]: Added some extension to the XML to make Help edition
* Python Help pages
+ Added entry pages for Python scripts documentation (olivier)
+ Need skilled volunteers to fill contents
+ Create the conversion script (Drew)
* AI: Update Contributors Guides with changes from Dave? (Drew)
* Long editing session turns LO slow and unusable (Cathy)
+ Some crashes.
+ Confirmed by 3rd party on the large amount of changes (blog
post - Cathy)
+ get feedback sooner to accept/reject changes, shrink the file
+ May use online version to get it faster/easier for review
* Contents of the Guides (Cathy)
+ Shall we review the contents of each chapter
+ some contents too basic
+ Let's survey a broader audience on what must go to inside the
+ Use TDF survey (olivier)
AI + define the right set of questions for the contents (olivier)
Next meeting WednesdayDecember5th2018, at 19:30 Berlin Time
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Next QA meeting: November 28 at 15:00 UTC
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ...
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Next QA meeting: November 28 at 15:00 UTC
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Month of LibreOffice, November 2018: Sticker winners!