[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-projects] Macro Conversion Project
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-projects] Macro Conversion Project
- From: Michael Meeks <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 13:48:02 +0100
- To: Fahri Güreşçi <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tor Lillqvist <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 29/06/18 13:43, Fahri Güreşçi wrote:
> My name is Fahri. I recently graduated from computer engineering.
Great to meet you.
> I know macros are causing a lot of problems in LibreOffice migrations. I am
> writing a service that will translate Microsoft Office macros into one for
> LibreOffice. I made some progress. I publish my work here (
> https://macroconverter.com). I have licensed the code I wrote with GPL-3-0
> and the source code is also available here (https://github.com/fahri314/m
It looks interesting. Sun Microsystems implemented something similar in
the deep past - but in the end it was abandoned. This is primarily
because if you want to inter-operate you need to be able to save that as
VBA macros again - so you have to do this bi-directionally =)
> I need all kinds of ideas.
Instead we implemented built-in inter-operability for existing VBA
scripts so you can load your VBA macros, and just run them inside
LibreOffice (to some degree).
The major thing to improve there is the implementations of all the
object model methods, of which there are quite a number - improving that
is a -great- bite-sized task that anyone can work on. Doing that also
helps our COM interoperability via COLEAT. If you'd be interestedd in
working on that please get in touch with Tor who can perhaps give you
some code pointers.
It would be great to have you involved,
All the best,
email@example.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
|[libreoffice-projects] Macro Conversion Project||Fahri Güreşçi <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Macro Conversion Project
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes from the design meeting 2018-Jul-04
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Macro Conversion Project
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes from the design meeting 2018-Jul-04