Re: [libreoffice-projects] PeerTube as a backup media

On 25.06.2018 02:25, Franklin Weng wrote:
Hi,

Since Blender was blocked on YouTube due to advertisement issue:

https://www.blender.org/media-exposure/youtube-blocks-blender-videos-worldwide/

Do we consider to build a PeerTube platform as a backup alternative media in case any strange thing happening to our YouTube channel? I know it takes much resources and bandwidth and I don't mean to leave YouTube right away; just in case.

I think the webtorrent swarm exposing IPs should be solved first: https://github.com/Chocobozzz/PeerTube/issues/685
P2P makes video hosting much more feasible, but unfortunately bittorrent is not built for privacy.

If you know talented JS devs, do send them in the direction of webtorrent so we will arrive in the future faster :)

Ilmari