[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-projects] Re: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the design meeting 2018-May-30
- Subject: [libreoffice-projects] Re: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the design meeting 2018-May-30
- From: Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 11:08:01 +0200
- To: Pedro Rosmaninho <email@example.com>
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, LibO Project <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 31.05.2018 10:58, Pedro Rosmaninho wrote:
> * Gridlines on zoom
> + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=117348
> + different color (dark grey) (Pedro)
> + available as option (see c15) (Regina)
> + adjust dot's distance depending on zoom factor (Heiko)
> + dots should remain a reasonable size and shift in conjunction with zoom (Stuart)
> => change it similar to dashed line of text boxes; zoom in goes with smaller distance and larger dots
> Since I was traveling home and couldn't join:
> As Regina said, it is possible to change color now (and I changed the color in my instalation) however LO needs sane defaults that make it usable by most people.
> It's a bit silly to keep a default color for the dots with terrible contrast and visibility from the time of Open Office...
> The grid is turned off by default already. Anyone that turns it on, is because it needs to use it as an auxiliary tool. If it's barely visible, because it is Light Gray on White Background then it becomes nearly useless.
> Also the steps to change its color require the user to really dig deep into the options menu. Should we expect that from a novice user or even an intermediate user?
You are the only advocate of a darker color and we agreed in the meeting to keep the light grey. It works perfectly at 100% and just needs adjustment for other zoom levels.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Reminder: CFP for LibOCon
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Month of LibreOffice, May 2018: The results!
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Reminder: CFP for LibOCon
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Month of LibreOffice, May 2018: The results!