LibreOffice Extension Releases - Check About Compatibility With Current LibreOffice Versions

Hello,

I created a list of LibreOffice extension releases, for which at least
the compatibility with LibreOffice 6.0 is not declared on the
LibreOffice extensions and templates website yet. The list is available
at https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2580 (an ods-file).

The list (table) contains the name of the release and it's URL.

It would be great, if we could update the compatibility statement for
the extensions in the list thus users of the site could find more
LibreOffice extensions that are compatible with version 5.4 and 6.0.

If you want to help with this task you need to download the extension
file and test it with LibreOffice 5.4 and 6.0 (installation and check if
it works with the version).

Kind regards,
Andreas

Hello,

Hello,

I created a list of LibreOffice extension releases, for which at least
the compatibility with LibreOffice 6.0 is not declared on the
LibreOffice extensions and templates website yet. The list is available
at https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2580 (an ods-file).

The list (table) contains the name of the release and it's URL.

It would be great, if we could update the compatibility statement for
the extensions in the list thus users of the site could find more
LibreOffice extensions that are compatible with version 5.4 and 6.0.

If you want to help with this task you need to download the extension
file and test it with LibreOffice 5.4 and 6.0 (installation and check if
it works with the version).

for those who want to help with this task I created a new wiki page with
a listing of the extensions and the opportunity to report the result of
a test as easy as possible:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Main_Page/Extension-Templates-Website

You could write your test result with 'yes' or 'no' into the free cells
for each extension. If you have any comments about issues with the test,
please add them in this cells.

Kind regards,
Andreas

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Main_Page/Extension-Templates-Website

You could write your test result with 'yes' or 'no' into the free cells
for each extension. If you have any comments about issues with the test,
please add them in this cells.

I) Using _BibleGet I/O - 2.7_ as an example:
LibreOffice Version: 6.0.1.1 (Build ID:
60bfb1526849283ce2491346ed2aa51c465abfe6 ) installing it generates the
error message: «java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException».

Would you want that in the "No" column, or placed elsewhere, or simply
omitted.

II) Based on my sporadic testing of extensions over the years, a simple
yes/no is insufficient:
* Some extensions are platform specific;
* Some extensions, despite claims of being platform specific, will not
run on a specific platform. (I've forgotten which extension runs on
Debian, but not Red Hat, or maybe it is vice versus.);
* Extensions that work on version X.0.0, may not work with X.0.1;

III) Test Suites: For the last five or so years, I've spent a week or so
each year, installing every LibO, AOo, EO, and OOP extension I can get
my hands on, for the sole purpose of seeing what still installs, and
what appears to still function as advertised. However, I have a test
suite for maybe as maybe as twenty extensions. Are there publicly
available test suites for _any_ of these extensions?

IV) How does one test something like _LeeNo_. Just because it installs,
does not mean it does what it claims to do.

V) "Obsolete" versions of the extension: Taking _American British
Canadian Dictionary_ as an example, the version LibO offers was released
in 2012, whilst the most recent version was released in December 2017.
How should things like that be notated?

Ich werde später die LibreOffice-Extensions-Templates-Webseite

entsprechend für die getesteten Extensions auf den aktuellen Stand bringen.

This is a worthy aim, and much easier to start now, than later;

My estimate is that at least a quarter of the templates lack the
documentation to know whether or not they function as described.
Would a user even know that the template was "broken"?
By way of example, The Wittlich Character Diagram template incorrectly
calculates the thirteenth spoke. (Fixed in version 9.0, but that hasn't
yet been released.)

jonathon

Hi Andreas,

If you want to help with this task you need to download the extension
file and test it with LibreOffice 5.4 and 6.0 (installation and check if
it works with the version).

thanks a lot for kicking this off and moving it forward, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Florian